Tuesday 30 August 2016

Hear what my audience members had to say; then Farewell to Edinburgh and Hello Isle of Skye!


There are several film clips here of audience members talking about 'Around the World by Guitar'.

But it's almost time to leave. It's a great way to end the Fringe - with the amazing Scottish Chamber Orchestra and some classy fireworks. We joined the throng in Princes Street Gardens. It was a friendly sea of people and great fun. That's the bandstand lit up there beyond the clustered multitudes.

That was last night and during the afternoon I just had chance to fit in another event at the Edinburgh Book Festival. It was chaired by the fantastic writer Daniel Gray, whose book 'This is Scotland: A country in words and pictures' written in collaboration with photographer Alan McRedie I wanted to buy. I did buy it. I also had a large piece of coffee and walnut cake and a double macciato in the tranquil sunny garden. I am not very good at reading words in print (give me a Bach score any day) but I have been gripped each time I have dipped into this book - the photographs are excellent and the observations by Daniel are priceless and intuitive and between them they have done an amazing job of conveying the truth and demonstrating how uplifting the truth actually is. Buy the book - give copies as presents. It is published by the Edinburgh independent Luath Press

And yes - tomorrow I'm off to the Highlands. First I'm playing in Portree (book tickets!) and then on Friday in Fort William. This is a wonderful opportunity to see the beautiful country up there and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment