Sunday 23 August 2015

I'm on the telly - on the STV Player for a few more days...

If you missed my appearance, you used to be able to scroll through the episodes for  Monday 17 August (7.05 pm) - and find me  in the same line-up as Mark Thomas and the magician Pete Firmin but it's too late now so I've removed the link.  I played a truncated version of the Turlough O'Carolan pieces. Why truncated? Things have to fit very precisely into TV programmes! After we did the first take the producer asked me if I could lop 15 seconds off. So we did another take and, at the end of that, he zoomed over from behind the monitor and asked if I could lop another 10 seconds off. So I played it again and left out another repeat, hoping it would fit and was still making sense...
Yes. Nervewracking but it was fun to do and the crew were fantastic. Here they are sorting out all the technical stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment