Tuesday 1 July 2014

Why are music stands ultimately flimsy?

I thought this one would be different but it isn't. Mind you - it gets a lot of use and maybe if you unfold and refold them over and over again and load them with sheets of paper - oh wait - that is what they are supposed to be able to do. To be fair I've had it almost two years. But why do they go baggy?

The crucial bit is the side arm extensions (is there a technical name for these?) where they join the frame (?). As you can see I am reduced to trying to persuade it to stay in place with blutack.

The trouble is that blutack is a substance that goes soft when it's warm. It's really warm here in Toronto. It's blisteringly warm. My blutack is seriously compomised. I have done my best. I need something stronger. Does anyone have a suggestion? No? OK. I'll be off to a music shop then and treat myself to a new music stand..... (goes into Toronto but the shops are all shut because it is Canada Day...OK. I'll watch Belgium v USA in the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment