Sunday 13 July 2014

Can Classical Guitar compete with the World Cup Final?

Today was the final day of the fantastic Toronto Fringe.  I was mighty relieved to find that, even though I was performing at the same time as the World Cup final kicked off, a very jolly and appreciative audience materialised to listen to me play - thank you to all of them and to each of my other audiences too. It was a pleasure to perform here. 
 The city is vibrant and friendly and I've enjoyed exploring. I like the vivid wall paintings and I like the music shops. I visited Steve's Music Shop at 415 Queen Street and got four sets of strings - much much cheaper than back in the UK I have to say. Actually music seems to be very important here. Examine the photo below right - (ignore the git with the camera) - what does it say above that shop? Yes. It says 'The Toronto Institute for the Enjoyment of Music'.  That seems like a very good thing to have in your city.

There were lots of amazing shows on at The Robert Gill Theatre but the wonderful thing about it, apart from it being a very comfortable auditorium and a cool haven after the blisteringly hot sun outside, was that it has a great team of technicians. Thank you to Vanita and Theo. Such a calming influence and so skilful and efficient.

I'm pretty exhausted now but  glad I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment