Wednesday 26 February 2014

Saved by John Reynolds MusicCity

Phasey - manager at a legendary  shop
We must have walked ten miles yesterday. We are getting to know Adelaide quite well now. I was desperate  to find a guitar as you can imagine. My first show is on Friday and who knows when our luggage will arrive?

So we visited Harrison's music shop which I found by googling 'classical guitar shop Adelaide'. A very kind man in there rang a friend first of all but had no luck. He then gave me two other possibilities and wrote down the details. The first of these was a couple of blocks north, go diagonally across the big square and head towards the blue building opposite. It was John Reynolds MusicCity.

We hurried along there and when I explained my predicament to Mr John Reynolds he turned to Phasey and said 'I think we can sort him out can't we?' and Phasey said that indeed they could. And they've lent me a guitar!! It's a Katoh and has a spruce top and it is such a welcome sight. Whilst I am still desperately anxious about my missing instrument this act of kindness to a fellow musician makes me feel much much better about everything. And best of all it means I can get on with rehearsing for my shows.

This shop is amazing and if you are a musician - doubly so. If you've never been they're at 175-185 Waymouth Street, Adelaide (or browse online).

Properly equipped and mightily relieved



No comments:

Post a Comment